News

Find out the latest news and exciting stories from Middlewich Veterinary Surgery and the Willows Vet Group.

Vets Save Crafty Cat Sir Dexter Who Swallowed Owner’s Sewing Thread

Posted on

A CRAFTY cat with a craving for sewing thread has cottoned on that eating it is bad for you after being rescued from the brink of death by vets. The thread caused Sir Dexter Purrbody’s small intestine to “concertina like a hair scrunchie” after some…

Vets Save The Life Of A Cat Thought To Have Been Hit By A Train

Posted on

VETS have saved the life of a cat who suffered horrific injuries which they believe were caused when it was hit by a train. Skye, a 16-month-old British shorthair, managed to make her way home scaling a six foot fence with her tail hanging off and…

Laundry-Loving Pup Ruby Swallows Sock

Posted on

A laundry-loving pup who swallowed a size 11 men’s sock had a lucky escape after a vet managed to remove it – by pulling it out the other end. Ruby, the five-month-old Welsh Springer Spaniel was violently sick after eating the garment, unbeknownst to her…

Courageous Cat Shadow Battles Back Home with Severe Injuries

Posted on

A COURAGEOUS cat is adapting to life on three legs after miraculously avoiding certain death and surviving severe injuries inflicted after he was thought to have been hit by a car.   Although two-year-old Shadow somehow escaped without any broken bones, his wounds were so…

West Kirby Vet on Camera for Children’s Television

Posted on

A WEST Kirby vet has been filmed for a children’s television programme which follows a little Moreton schoolgirl and her cat called Frank. Veterinary surgeon Dylan Payne of Acorn Veterinary Centre in Acacia Grove made sure Grace Wharton’s beloved cat Frank had a thorough check…

Tiny Will Be Guest Of Honour At Vet Surgery Open Day

Posted on

A LITTLE dog who was found dumped in a plastic bag, covered in petrol and left for dead, will be the canine guest of honour at an open day for a veterinary surgery whose staff saved her life. Little Tiny’s torturous ordeal captured the hearts…

Liffey The Puppy Scoffs Bottle Top With Picture Of A Dog On It

Posted on

A PUPPY who scoffed a bottle top with a picture of a dog on it had a lucky escape after a vet managed to remove it without operating. Ian Hopkins, who works at Oakwood Veterinary Referrals in Hartford used an endoscope fitted with a basket…

Crafty Canine’s Lucky Escape After Swallowing Needle and Thread

Posted on

A CRAFTY canine had a lucky escape after swallowing a needle and thread. Staff at Beech House Veterinary Surgery in Warrington were stunned when ‘mischevious’ pup, Bow escaped unscathed after the sewing instrument passed seamlessly through her system – and was pulled out safely the…

Dog Left In Sticky Situation After Biting Off More Than He Could Chew

Posted on

A Jack Russell was left in a sticky situation after chewing on junk mail and ending up with his mouth glued shut. Poor little pooch, Ottis, was rushed to Beech House Veterinary Centre in Warrington by owner Donna Fisher after chomping on a glossy leaflet…

Vet Charity Cash Boost for Scheme Helping Diabetic Cat Tilly

Posted on

A DIABETIC cat which benefits from a scheme supporting moggies in their old age has visited a Lymm vet who has secured a charity cash boost for the programme. Tilly, a part Bengal tabby cat was originally taken in by the Warrington-based charity Cat Homing…

© 2018 Middlewich Veterinary Surgery. All rights reserved.
Website by iWeb.