The nurses at Middlewich Veterinary Surgery are an integral part of the team. Many people are unaware of what a vet nurse does, as they spend much of their time behind the scenes. But did you know that nurses can be anything from dentists, midwives, radiographers, anaesthetists, phlebotomists to first aiders, lab technicians and much, much more. One very important role the nurses play at Middlewich is to offer nurse clinics for your pet. Our nurses have a wealth of information and advice about animal health and well-being, so we want you to benefit. Call us now on 01606 833731 to book.
- Puppy Development Checks – welcoming a new puppy to your family can be an exciting time, but also an overwhelming one. On your first trip to the vet, there will be a lot of information to digest. We, therefore, invite you back for monthly appointments with our nurse to cover important aspects of puppy care including, socialisation, nutrition, preventative health care and neutering.
- Kitten Development Checks – kittens are little bundles of joy and whilst our vet will cover the important basics in your first appointment – a playful kitten can sometimes steal the show. Our nurses can offer regular clinic appointments whilst your kitten is still young to discuss important issues such as behaviour, neutering and preventative flea and worm treatment. And bringing your kitten into the practice regularly is a great way to get them more comfortable with a trip to the vets.
- Weight Clinics – Just like us, pets can sometimes start to gain a few extra pounds. The team at Middlewich Veterinary Surgery are committed to fighting the pet bulge, and understand that education is the key. Our nurses can help you to understand everything to do with pet weight, from why they gain and what a body condition score is, to helpful advice and tips on how you can maintain your pets ideal weight.
- Dental Advice – Our pets need our help sometimes, especially when it comes to dental care. The nurses at Middlewich provide excellent dental clinics to teach you all about oral health and hygiene to help you keep your pets gnashers in tip-top condition.
- Nails trims, Post-op checks and more…